Did you know the smell of chocolate can help you relax? And it also makes you happy, so that’s a bonus too!
Well if you’re a chocolate lover like me, you won’t be able to resist the smell of these yummy gluten free chocolate cupcakes, topped with a velvety Nutella buttercream. Mmmmmm, Nutella!
They’re so easy to make, but look and taste so luxurious, so they’re perfect if you’re wanting a little homemade gift, or having a coffee morning with your pals.
Cupcakes are so easy to bake, and they make everyone happy, especially when they’re gluten free!
I’ve topped these ones with the little kinder chocolates, but you could use any decorations you have lying about. I would definitely recommend the Schar Meltos, or their tempties if you wanted to go full on luxury with a Ferrero Rocher feel!
If you wanted to make these even more chocolatey, you could even get a cupcake corer and stuff it with some MORE Nutella. But I’ve kept this recipe simple so you can add these options if you’d like.
So check out the recipe below!
Recipe: Gluten Free Chocolate & Nutella Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
220g Light Brown Soft Sugar
4 Medium Eggs
1tbsp Vanilla Extract
45g Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
200g Gluten Free Self- Raising Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1tsp Xanthan Gum
For the Buttercream
150g Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
150g Icing Sugar
Decorate with kinder chocolate, or any bits you have!
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c, and line a muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- To make the cupcakes, beat the butter until soft and fluffy, the slowly incorporate the sugar, until well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla, milk and cocoa powder.
- Add the flour, baking powder and xanthan gum, and mix well until you get a thick smooth cake batter.
- Transfer your cake batter to the cupcake cases, and bake for around 15 minutes. You will know they’re done when they spring back if you gently press on them.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool completely.
- Time to make the buttercream. Beat your butter until soft, fluffy and pale.
- Beat in the icing sugar, tablespoon at a time until well combined and smooth.
- Then, beat in your Nutella until it’s all mixed in and you have a smooth buttercream.
- Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fitted with a star shaped nozzle.
- Pipe buttercream swirls on top of your now cooled cupcakes, and decorate with your kinder chocolates.
If you love chocolate, you might also like these recipes:
- 5 Ingredient FLOURLESS chocolate cake recipe. (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- RECIPE: My Gluten Free ‘Guinness’ and chocolate cake using St Peter’s Brewery’s Gluten Free Cream Stout. [AD]
- Gluten free & vegan chocolate ‘Oreo’ cupcakes.
- Recipe: Gluten free & vegan Chocolate mini loaf cakes with raspberry frosting.
Subscribe to my blog below if you want to see more, and follow me on my social media (links below) to see what else I’m enjoying!
Thanks for reading,