Let’s talk waffles! I have been quite into them recently, and wanted to make a dessert that was different from the others. I was scrolling through the web and noticed one of the Tesco Food Love Stories for this Caramel Apple Waffle Pudding, which sounded amazing! But as we all know, most waffles aren’t gluten free, unless you’re a fan of Schar, or make your own, like I prefer to do.
I have changed the recipe slightly because as we all know, gluten free waffles aren’t particularly big. This is a different way to use them, and it’s an exciting twist on a pie or crumble! It’s best served warm and with cream, ice cream or custard, your choice! This dish isn’t complicated to make, and is perfectly spiced with cinnamon.
If you need a gluten free waffle recipe, I have a great one on my instagram feed (click on the post below to see it)
View this post on Instagram
Who else loves waffles 💕 I’ve just been craving them for ages! Last December I did a lil recipe video on my Facebook page for these bad boys but ICYMI here is my recipe: 2 eggs 350ml milk(or DF sub) 4tbsp melted butter (or DF sub) 300g @freeefoods self raising flour 2tbsp caster sugar. . Beat together the eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix in the flour and sugar. Pour the batter into your pre-heated waffle iron and cook for around 4-5 minutes or until fluffy and browned. Top with your favourite toppings. For savoury waffles, do not add sugar. . . . . . . . #glutenfreelife #glutenfree #wheatfree #coeliac #glutenfreeuk #coeliacdisease #glutenfreediet #ukfoodblogger #glutenfreefollowme #singluten #foodporn #foodblogger #glutenfreefoodie #glutenfreeideas #feedfeedglutenfree #ukblogger #waffles #glutenfreefollowme #glutenfreeblogger #glutenfreelife #wheatfree #foodblogger #foodporn #glutenfreefoodshare #discoverunder5k #glutenfreeinstagram #ukblogger #sansgluten #glutenvrij #glutenfreerecipe #dairyfree #glutenfreewaffles #glutenfreebaking #autoimmune #coeliacblog
So without further ado, here is my gluten free version of it!
Gluten Free Caramel Apple Waffle Pudding)
A perfectly cinnamon spiced and sweet apple waffle pudding.
- 6 Gluten free waffles (either Schar, or homemade will do)
- 6 Braeburn apples, peeled, cored and sliced into 8 pieces each
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- 100ml Double cream
- 75g Butter
- 75g Brown soft sugar plus a tbsp extra
- 50ml Milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Icing Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat.
- Add in the sugar and stir until dissolved in the melted butter.
- Add the apples to the saucepan and cook until they start to soften, sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and mix.
- Stir in 50ml of the double cream to form a caramel sauce, it will thicken slightly.
- Transfer the apples and caramel mix to an ovenproof dish.
- Slice the waffles into triangles.
- Beat together the vanilla, the remainder of the double cream, egg, milk, and the tablespoon of sugar.
- Dip the waffle pieces into this mixture to coat them, and place on top of the apples, making sure that all of them are covered. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix together 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and some icing sugar, and sprinkle on top of the finished waffle pudding.
- Serve and enjoy!
Let me know if you make this, and what you think. I think it’s so yummy!
As always, thank you for reading!
This post is not sponsored by Schar.