Easter is coming… and don’t we know it. People are shoving mini eggs on everything, and us coeliacs are stocking up on the new for 2020 Kit Kat Bunny Cupcakes, which are gluten free!!!
Who would have thought Kit Kat would have made them gluten free? But you can check the ingredients on the back of the pack if you don’t believe me!
So… what better to do than shove them on top of a cupcake! And a ‘suitable for bunnies’ flavour, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. This makes 8-10 cupcakes depending on how big you like them. Scroll down for the recipe.
- 100g grated carrots
- 125g Melted butter/margarine
- 2 Medium free range eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 110 Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 150g Gluten free Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Ground Ginger
- 1tsp Ground Cinnamon
For the frosting
- 40g Unsalted Butter/margarine
- 100g Full Fat Cream Cheese
- 240g Icing Sugar
- Mini Kit Kat Bunnies to decorate.
- Preheat an oven to 180°c and line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- In a bowl, beat together the Carrots, Melted Butter, Eggs, Vanilla and Sugar.
- Sift in the rest of the ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the cupcake cases, and then bake in the middle of the oven for 15-18 minutes.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool completely.
- To Make the Frosting, slowly combine the butter and cream cheese.
- Then, slowly beat in the icing sugar, a bit at a time.
- Transfer the frosting to an icing bag fitted with a nozzle of your choice, and pipe a swirl on each cupcake.
- Decorate each cupcake with a Mini Kit Kat Bunny and share with your friends this Easter!
If you fancied checking out some more gluten free Easter recipes, check out these below:
Subscribe to my blog below if you want to see more, and follow me on my social media (links below) to see what else I’m enjoying!
Thanks for reading,