It’s been 2 and a half years since I gave up Gluten, and I’ve still not made biscuits! I have tried, but they have all ended up rubbish! I think I’ve cracked the secret to gluten free biscuits. And I’ve been playing around with tweaking it for the last few weeks. I think these are super simple to make, and I need to share the recipe with you. So here it is below! This makes up to approximately 18 biscuits.
250g Doves Farm self-raising flour
40g Ground almonds
1tsp Xanthan Gum
Zest of 1 lemon
100g Caster Sugar
2tbsp Agave Syrup
150g Flora Freedom
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add in the Flora Freedom, and with your hands, crumble all of the butter and dry ingredients together until combined.
- Mix in the lemon zest and agave syrup, and roll into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a baking sheet.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the biscuit dough to around 5mm thick.
- Using biscuit cutters, cut out desired shape and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool, sprinkle with icing sugar if you wish, and enjoy with a cuppa!