Blueberry muffins, the type of bake that is great for any time of day, any occasion, fantastic in lunch boxes and great with a cuppa. They’re also ideal if you’ve got blueberries that are on the squishy side, or if you’re like me, bought a freezer full of frozen berries to make smoothies. (I also like to joke that I’ve got one of my five a day in there but we all know it’s a big fat lie)
So, for this you will need a muffin tin, fancy muffin cases, and friends to help eat them all up. This recipe makes up to 12 muffins if you’re like me and got your cases from Poundworld.
100g Caster sugar
150g Dairy free butter (I used Flora Freedom)
2 Medium free range eggs
250g Gluten free self raising flour
130ml Almond milk (or soya)
1tsp Xanthan gum
1tsp Gluten free Baking Soda
1 small punnet of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180c or 200cFan and line the muffin tin with the muffin cases.
- Cream together the butter and sugar to form a light fluffy mixture.
- Slowly add in the eggs, one by one.
- Fold in the flour, Xanthan gum and baking powder.
- Slowly pour in her milk until a very thick cake batter is formed.
- Add in the blueberries.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture into the individual muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. If you press down on them and they spring back up, they are done.