My name’s Georgina, and I am a Chocoholic. Yes, I just can’t get enough of the stuff, and crunchy treats. So rocky road is up there with my favourite sweet treats, so why not make it yourself!
In 2016, I went to my very first Allergy and Free From show in Liverpool, and was amazed at all of the stalls, variety and discounts available. As a natural sloth lover, I stumbled upon Freedom Confectionary’s marshmallows, who’s mascot is Cedric the Sloth. They sell the most amazing vegan marshmallows, which are also soya free, gluten free and tree nut free. So good to share with everyone, and they’re available at Holland and Barrett. I always tend to use them on hot chocolate, and it gets a little boring, and I also have a ton of broken gluten free biscuits. So this recipe comes in super handy!
For this recipe, I also used Morrisson’s Gluten free digestive biscuits, and as I discovered by being an expert label reader, they are also vegan.
125g Vegan butter/spread
300g Dark Chocolate
3tbsp Agave/golden syrup
150g Morrisons Gluten Free Digestive biscuits
50g Dried mixed fruit
100g Freedom Confectionary Vegetarian Marshmallows
- Melt the butter, chocolate and syrup in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Set aside 125ml of the mixture aside for later on in the recipe.
- Put the digestive biscuits in a freezer bag, seal, and bash them until there is a mix of crumbs and chunks of biscuit.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and fold in the biscuit pieces into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold the dried fruit and mallows into the mixture too.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, and spoon the mixture into it, flattening with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour over the mixture which you set aside earlier, and smooth on the top. You can also sprinkle extra mallows on the top if you want.
- Refridgerate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight. Dust with icing sugar and cut into fingers/bars.
- Serve and enjoy!
The best thing about these, is that you can package them creatively and they would make amazing little gifs for people!
Thank you for reading, please subscribe and follow my instagram @thecoeliacsloth