Since the launch of Sainsbury’s coconut based cheeses last autumn, I still haven’t found them in my local store, come on Southport, sort it out! Anyway, I’m not completely vegan or dairy free for medical reasons, but I do love cheese. My relationship with cheese is not the greatest, I have the most awful breakouts on my face when I eat ‘too much’ of it (btw how much IS too much?) but it is my absolute weakness.
I also have a fair few vegan and dairy free pals, and from being on various gluten free groups, a lot of people who have a gluten intolerance/ibs/coeliac are sensitive to dairy products too. So I thought this post might be of interest to some of my followers.
When I saw people talking about their free-from section at Tesco getting re-arranged, I knew new products were coming. And they don’t disappoint whenever they bring new products out.
In their fridge section, dedicated to those free from products of all varieties, are their own branded free-from cheeses! They’re all coconut based, wheat, milk and gluten free, and suitable for vegans. Down in the slideshow are the ones I found in mine, scroll through to have a look at them. The jalapeño & chilli cheddar one sounds promising!
Isn’t this amazing! They’re all around the £2.25 mark, so around the same price as ‘muggle/ real dairy’ cheese.
They’ve also got a bunch of other things in, including lactose free products made with cow’s milk. I found these lactose and gluten free granola pots amongst the cheeses! They’re only £1, so ideal if you want a quick morning snack whilst on the go!
Listed below are some of Tesco’s new things, both Dairy and Lactose free. I didn’t get a chance to take photos of all of them as I had actual shopping and adult-type things to do, so feel free to check them out! Please note, not all of the desserts listed are completely vegan, so please do double check the labels.
Tesco Refridgerated Free-From range
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Red Leicester slices
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Smoked Cheese
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Jalapeño and Chilli Cheddar Cheese
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Wensleydale with Cranberries
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Blue Cheese
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Mature Cheddar
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Grated Mozzarella
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Italian Style Hard Cheese
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Soft Cheese
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Rice Pudding with Strawberry
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Banoffee Dessert
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Rice pudding with Strawberry
- Milk, gluten, wheat and egg free Blackcurrant Cheesecakes
- Milk, gluten, wheat and egg free Caramel Panna Cotta
- Milk, gluten and wheat free Millionaire’s Dessert
Tesco Lactose Free range:
- Lactose free Mozzarella
- Lactose free Mascarpone
- Lactose free Creamy Blue cheese
- Lactose free Creme Fraiche
- Lactose free Coconut and Chia Oat Granola Yogurt (gluten free)
- Lactose free Red Berry Oat Granola Yogurt (gluten free)
- Lactose free Greek Style Natural Yogurt
- Lactose free Low Fat Yogurt (Flavours include Cherry, Peach, Strawberry and Raspberry)
I would say, if you are intolerant to oats, even if they are gluten free ones, the granola yogurt might not be your best friend. And, I’ve no idea if all of them are gluten free so to re-emphasize, DO READ THE LABELS before you purchase the lactose free products.
I hope you find this list helpful, and I’d love to hear your opinions on the new range!
Now your friends and family have NO EXCUSES when it comes to catering for you. Honestly, in the 15 months that I’ve been gluten free, the supermarkets just keep on coming out with fantastic stuff and they’ve improved so much both quality and price wise!
Thanks for reading,